AOL Desktop Gold is a software which offers every basic need of a user on a computer. This software provides all the features like a web browser, media streamer, email service, allows you to play the game and much more. The most important thing about AOL Desktop software is that it gives this much services with a highly secured interface. AOL Desktop Gold software is compatible with both Mac and Windows OS. You can get this software when you have AOL premium membership.
AOL Desktop Gold software has millions of users all around the world. People appreciate this software because of the amazing features and service, yet there are some people who have a complaint about the technical glitches with this software. AOL Desktop Gold icon is not working is one of those issues. Here in this blog all the information to solve this error is given. If you are also getting the same problem on your computer, then follow the instructions given in this blog to rectify this problem.
Causing factors behind this error
There can be a lot of factors which causes this problem. Some of them are listed below.
- Corrupt or damaged files present in the AOL Desktop Gold folder.
- Improper installation of the AOL Desktop Gold software
- If the HDD space is almost full or has low space
- Due to the virus or malware presence
- Resolve icon not working issue : To solve this problem quickly try below-given methods one by one and check if anyone works.
- Restart the computer: One of the basic methods to rectify any issue with AOL Desktop Gold is the restart. The highlight thing is that it works also. So, when you face any hiccup with AOL Desktop Gold software, then restart the computer.
- Make some space in a hard drive: Shortage of memory in the hard drive also cause problems when using any software on the computer. So, if your computer has low HDD space then delete some unnecessary files from the hard drive.
- Antivirus: A virus or malware corrupt or damaged files in the software. So, use an Antivirus software and scan the whole computer. Then fix the virus problem and delete the suspicious files from the computer.
- Reinstall: Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold software after deleting all the software files from the computer. Reinstall process will create a new icon on the home screen. Restart the computer when the process gets completed.
These are the steps which can be helpful when you face the ‘AOL Desktop Gold icon is missing’ issue. If you need an expert’s help then you can take help from customer support service.