The users of AOL Desktop software might face some technical glitches while using it and need to reinstall the software for that purpose they need to uninstall the software first. We are providing the complete process of ‘How to uninstall and reinstall the AOL Desktop software’ and the users are required to follow the same very strictly to resolve their issues. In any case, they face some error while following the instruction then they have one more option to resolve the issues through AOL Email Customer support number
The users are required to follow the instructions to uninstall and reinstall AOL Desktop, first they have to select their operating system below:
Windows 8 and Windows 10
To uninstall and reinstall AOL Desktop:
- Windows 8– The users have to select from the Start screen, and then required to click the down arrow to open the App menu. Then right-click on AOL Desktop and then select the Uninstall at the bottom of the screen.
Windows 10 – To uninstall in Windows 10 the users have first click From the Start screen, then right-click on the AOL Desktop and then they have to select Uninstall from the drop down menu.
- The user can choose from the list of currently installed programs, and then double-click on AOL Uninstaller to begin the uninstall process.
- In this step a window will appear, which will ask the users to perform a scan of their system for all AOL software. After that they are required to click on Yes. By clicking on Yes, the scan process might take some time to complete.
- After the previous step, on the AOL Uninstaller screen, the users have to select all of the applications available by checking the corresponding check boxes.
- Now it’s time to click on Uninstall, and by that the uninstall process will begin.
- If the users are asked if they want to keep their old files, then they have to check the Personal Data and Settings check box and then click on OK button.
- When the uninstall process completes, the users will be asked to restart their computer. The users have to ensure it that they have saved every documents or files they have opened, and then click on Restart button.
- After the previous step and the users restart their computer, the users have to visit on the provided website http://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-windows.
- From the provided website the users are required to click on Download button.
- Now the users have to open the file and click Run and if the users are prompted by the User Account Control window, then click on Yesor Continue button.
- In this step the users will be prompted to shut down any AOL applications they have open and to do this, they have to click on Continue Install.
- Now it’s time to select Install New Version and then click on Continue option.
- After performing previous step the users have to select their preferred software settings by checking the corresponding check boxes and then they have to click on Continue option.
- Yes, it is time for review the selected settings of the users.
- If the users finished everything instructed, then they have to click on Install Now button to start the process of installation. After the completion of installation, the AOL Desktop will run automatically.
- The users will find the Let’s Get Startedwindow, where they have to select Use your existing AOL Screen Name.
- Now the users have to enter their Screen Name and Password and then click on Next button. After that the users will be signed into the AOL Desktop software.
- So finally the users successfully reinstalled the AOL Desktop Software and they can continue to use the software as they like.
So that’s it the complete process which we have provided above and now the users have to follow each and every step very carefully to complete the process and to resolve their issue which they were facing in the beginning of the instructions. Even then if the users face some technical glitches then they have one more option to resolve the issue through AOL Email Customer Service Number where they will be assisted by our skilled and trained technicians 24×7